Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
You can pre-register for DSNAP now and be ready if DSNAP becomes available for your community.
Online Pre-RegistrationThe pre-registration is simple and can be done online through the CAFÉ customer portal. Pre-registration is only the first step; an application is also required.
- Due to technology upgrades, even households who have pre-registered for DSNAP before must pre-register again. Doing so now also provides everyone an opportunity to ensure the household’s listed family members and contact information are up-to-date.
- Pre-registration will speed up the application process that determines final eligibility after DSNAP is authorized.
- You may not have access to necessary information following a disaster or evacuation.
Pre-Registeration Does Not Guarantee BenefitsDSNAP is only administered after a federally-declared disaster and after the State of Louisiana receives approval from the United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Services to activate DSNAP services. If a DSNAP is authorized, eligibility for benefits will be based on the applicant's household income, resources and disaster-related expenses.
SNAP Recipients Not Eligible for DSNAPIf SNAP clients are eligible for additional benefits in the event of a disaster, those benefits would either be loaded onto their EBT cards automatically or the SNAP recipients would have to submit a form through a process other than the DSNAP.
Create a CAFÉ Account
A CAFÉ account is required to pre-register for DSNAP. CAFÉ, or Common Access Front End, houses the DCFS self-service portal, where online applications, simplified reports, change reports and redeterminations can be completed and managed.
|How to Create a CAFÉ Account & Pre-Register for DSNAP|
1. Visit www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/cafe.
2. Select Click Here to Get Started, located below the photo.
3. On the next webpage, click the Next button in the bottom right corner.
4. The CAFÉ account process will begin. Follow the directions presented to complete the CAFÉ account creation process.
5. After you create a CAFÉ account, you will have access to a personal dashboard called MyAccount. To pre-register for DSNAP, click the DSNAP Registration link.
Complete your pre-registration by completing the screens for your:
6. Review the summary of the information you provided and click Submit.
After an emergency, visit a DSNAP site to verify your information and identity and receive your benefit card, if you qualify.
- Accommodations will be made for the elderly and those with disabilities.