Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Need more help buying food?
- Apply for SNAP: You may be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, which provide a monthly benefit to buy healthy food. Find out more about SNAP eligibility and benefits here.
- Find a Summer Meals Program near you: Use the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Meals Site Finder to find a location near you.
- Reach out to your regional food bank: Louisiana's food banks operate a variety of programs to help ensure no one goes hungry. From after school and summer meal programs for kids to food boxes for Louisiana's seniors, the food banks and their partners work tirelessly to serve communities and neighbors across the state. Find your nearest food bank here.
- Help with Your P-EBT Card: To activate your P-EBT card, check your balance, or set your PIN, call the EBT Customer Service Center at 1-888-997-1117.
- Questions About P-EBT Eligibility: If you have questions about your child’s eligibility for P-EBT or the learning schedule their benefit amount is based on, please contact your child’s school.
- General Questions About P-EBT: If you have a general question about P-EBT that is not answered in our FAQs, call the DCFS Customer Service Center at 1-888-524-3578.
- Check Your Child's School's Status: To check the status of the information that your child’s school has submitted to DCFS, please click here. Schools are color-coded by whether that school has submitted information to DCFS (labeled green), has not yet submitted information (labeled red) or does not have eligible students (labeled grey). If you have questions about your child’s school’s status, please contact the school or the school district.