Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
P-EBT Parent Portal
P-EBT Parent Portal
The P-EBT Parent Portal allows parents to view and receive information about their child’s P-EBT benefits.
Now that you've created a CAFÉ account, you can navigate to the P-EBT Portal within CAFÉ. To link a student's P-EBT case to your CAFE account, you will need the following information:
- Student Date of Birth
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- Local Student ID
- School Name
Providing this information allows you to view your child’s P-EBT case.
If you have more than one child receiving P-EBT, you can link each of their cases to your CAFÉ account by following the same steps.
NOTE: It is important to log out of CAFÉ at the end of each session. Otherwise, if you return later and try to log in, your account may be temporarily frozen and you may be unable to log in again until the system resets at midnight.
What can I see on the P-EBT Portal?
After linking your child’s account, you will have access to information regarding your child’s P-EBT case, including:
- Local Student ID
- Learning Style
- School Name
- Mailing Address
- Benefit Status
- Benefit Amount
What is not available on the P-EBT Portal?
At this time, parents will not be able to ask for corrections, including address changes on the P-EBT portal. However, we are working on additional features that would allow parents to make such changes or requests.
Also, parents of students for which benefits have not yet been issued will not be able to view their child’s information.
When I try to link my child's P-EBT case to my CAFÉ account, it cannot find the case. What do I do?
First, please try the following:
- If you have already received your child’s P-EBT card, please make sure you are entering their first and last names exactly as they appear on the card.
- Please make sure you are entering the child’s date of birth in the correct format. It must include the slashes (/) and be entered as MM/DD/YYYY.
- Make sure you are entering the child’s ENTIRE local student ID number, not just the last 4 digits. (For tips about where you might find your child’s local student ID, see our FAQs here.)
- Be sure to select the child’s school name from the dropdown menu. If you type it in manually and there are any differences in spelling, it will trigger an error and will not find your child’s case.
If you have done all of the above and the system still cannot locate your child’s P-EBT case, one or more of the following reasons may apply:
- The student’s PEBT card is in queue for mailing. Due to the large volume of cards, a weekly limitation is in place on the number of new cards that can be mailed out to the public. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date that the school submits the student’s correct information to receive the P-EBT card.
- The student’s information has been submitted by the school with errors that would prevent the P-EBT card from being mailed out. (Example: Date of birth is missing or in the wrong format, or the mailing address is incomplete). We are actively working with schools to correct these errors to allow for the P-EBT card to be mailed out.
- The school has notified DCFS of a change in address for a P-EBT card that has already been mailed out to the original address. Please allow 6-8 weeks for a card to be resent to a new address from the date DCFS is notified of an address change.
- The school has not submitted the student’s information to DCFS for P-EBT.
- The student did not qualify for P-EBT because, according to school attendance records, they were learning fully in-person between August 2020 through May 2021.
- The student did not qualify for P-EBT because their school does not participate in the National School Lunch Program or the student is not eligible for free or reduced-priced meals.
What do these benefits status messages mean? What is "awaiting issuance"?
Once you have linked your child’s P-EBT case, you will see a benefits status of either “eligible” or “awaiting issuance.”
- “Eligible” means the benefits have been issued.
- “Awaiting issuance” means the child’s case is in process, but benefits have not yet been issued.
I logged into my CAFÉ account earlier, but now I can't get back in. What happened?
It’s important to log out of your account when you are finished with your CAFÉ session. Failure to log out could temporarily freeze the account and prevent you from logging in until the system resets at midnight. If this has happened to you, please wait until the next day (after midnight) and try to log in again.
From the CAFÉ Home Page, select Click Here to Get Started!
Read about getting started and creating and account. Click Next.
Fill in your first and last name and a valid email address.
Create a user ID, password, and PIN.
Complete the security check and user acceptance agreement. Click Next.
On the My.La.gov screen, check or enter your first and last name.
Enter the user ID and password you created in Step 4.
Enter your PIN (created in Step 4) and your email address.
Click Create My Account. We will send an email to validate your email address.
- Check your email junk/spam folders for the message.
- Email addresses must be validated within 24 hours.