Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Bureau of Communications
- Serves as a spokesperson for the Secretary and for the Department as a whole.
- Coordinates media outreach for the Department across the state.
- Serves as a liaison for the Department with the media and manages major media campaigns on programs and services.
- Advises the Secretary and other departmental officials on public relations issues.
- Consults on, manages, and prepares print, audio, and video materials as needed.
- Handles public information, public relations and communications activities for the Department.
- Interprets departmental policies and actions for the media, agency clients, and the public.
- Tracks and analyzes media coverage.
- Serves as liaison between the Department and the Governor's Press Office, lawmakers, other state agencies, federal regulatory and budgetary agencies, the public and the media.
- Facilitates flow of information internally to increase productivity.
Questions for the DCFS Press Office? Email the team at DCFSPress@la.gov.
Public Information Officer
For more information from the Department of Children and Family Services, please visit the DCFS Newsroom.